Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Street Fighter Post !


2DF and Street Fighter Alpha 3
Well its 1:50am and im waiting for a battle in 2df (the online system that lets me play StreetFighterAlpha3). I just saw "TheWarlock" who is this very lame kid who hides his rank on 2df. He doesn't fight good players as so he never loses, then he fights bad players (or ones with bad ranks) as so he can keep boosting his numbers. It really annoys me, plus on his 2df profile he has some arrogant shit like "i love SFA3, and im one of the best in NY" or something like that. Either way he is one of those players who never blames himself for his loses and mistakes, he blames the systems, controllers, time of day, alignment of the sun ect. These people often times never are able to grow in the many endeavors they pursue. Warlock has also faced tom (thinking tom was bad due to his rank, and when tom was beating him proclaimed things like "improbable" and "not happening" before leaving with a record of 0-4 Tom on top.

So this particular early morning i was looking for some Alpha 3 matches and there i see warlock with his away message up, hiding not wanting to loose his rank. Then I saw him leave his away message to fight some random guy who was ranked in the 900's or something (not saying i never fight these people, but i usually fight them to test there ability and then finish the match a few wins in) Once he returned from his match i challenged him and he promptly denied me. I asked him if he wanted to fight and he told me he didn't want to lose to me and added a "lol". I wanted to let him have it about how he hides his rank and is a sore sport. But i also felt it was as simple as "he didnt want to lose" cause i know at times after losing to certain characters like Dhalsim and Zangief that i wont sit there and lose for more then 15 matches in a row, once i get there im usually pretty demoralized. But i know his competitive spirit isn't there and its rather him "TheWarlock" keeping his False rank and image. Either way i didn't let him have it so i can just beat him up next time he does work up that confidence to face me.

This weekend i played Street Fighter 4 and i was very impressed. I knew that Capcom wasn't going to miss with this game because i read about how they wanted to really capture the essence of what made SF popular in the past, but i didn't know i would be so very impressed. I thought it was going to be a great looking game and saw it more as a fun new game that will hopefully bring SF back to the main stream. I also thought i would still love Alpha 3 more then SF4. Well once i saw the arcade cabinets in all their glory and then sat and played SF4 i realized that i loved it. I think it was the aspect that it was a new Street Fighter in general. It looked great, the art direction, to the face features, to the 3-d background of cheering Russian stereotypes. The new Superspecials looked amazing and everything about the game drew me in more. Now i can only look forward to buying it when it comes to the US and grabbing a stick to learn the true medium in which one is to play SF. As for me loving Alpha 3 more then SF4, i still hold Alpha 3 as my favorite game of all time and im not sure that SF4 could ever take that spot completely (but it looks like it can come close :P)

Ken Masters my World Warrior, the man that represents me in ALL street fighter games from now til the end of Capcom. I love this fighter "like a dear man friend" even though he is not real (LOL). But now i will regale you with how i choose my figther all those years ago. It was back around the 2nd grade, i was over Mac's house and he had StreetFighterIIChampionEdition for Sega. When i sat down to choose my fighter im not entirly sure i started on Ken but i do know once i choose him i would never hold another Street fighter character in such high respects. Now for the moment of truth the reason i choose him, was it those golden locks, the rivalry with Ryu, his cocky attitude or his particular moves? It was none of those i mainly choose Ken because of his Red Gi, Red being my favorite color. Either way i never looked back. I eventually got that Sega game free from Mac when he got Mortal Kombat games, it being my first Street Fighter game EVER, and i still have it today :D. (funny side note is now i play ken in a yellow gi because i pathetically couldn't choose the red one when i played 2df. Well it started to grow on me and now i consider it the way people recognize my ken)


~~Sorry to those who don't find Street fighter that interesting, to tell you the truth i could write about it for some time but i have to go do some homework and my post is kinda random as it is :P

1 comment:

asiantom said...

Good fun post.

I too didn't think SF4 would win my heart over like it did but I can't wait to get it and a little stick and maybe even someday return to that arcade and show people what I can do.

I was going to mention the red gui/yellow gui thing but you said it! But going with that a bit, Dark also plays Gen's alternate colors so he is recognized that way!