Friday, September 19, 2008

Titles and Jerks

Title -
Well i have created a blog, partly thanks to the heavy amount of blogging happeneing with many of my friends. Also partly because jim got me a gmail acct so I got this started really easily.
So my first problem was a title to this blog. I wanted it to be cool but quickly realized that my topics werent goin to be cool and were goin to be based around me complaining about people, places and things. I looked at various song lyrics and came close to using them but i just couldnt, it seemed corny not sure why. The main one was "open up your plans and damn your free". I heard this lyric on the radio from a jason mraz song (its embarrassing but i love this song, it really does something great for me, it makes me feel good about life and about everything going on) The fact that it makes me feel so good is why i cant use it, for some reason i know this blog will have alot of negative times mixed with good times and i just didnt feel like it could fit, plus its quite the long title. Then I thought of cool lyrics from songs mainly something like "the tired anthem of CP" but it seemed too cool for me. So I settled on "Let me see". Please don’t take this as "let me see the truth/energy/oneness with the world cuase that’s lame but I was afraid it may be interpreted in this manner" rather it is more like "let me see what i should write about today, what annoyed me, what made me feel good, and whatever i want"

Jerks -

Now for the first major reason I choose to make a blog to complain about some jackass kids in my economics class. So the class is about 50 kids and the teacher is a young girl who is new to the whole deal but shes nice enough. Basically as I sat in class i noticed (as many others did) two jackass kids talking about how terrible the class is and how cool their lives are outside of class. It was the type of whispered, pathetic conversation that shows no respect for the professor. Let me describe these two kids, there was a young girl, just nomral looking but clearly cares about being an trendy person but in the "Abercrombie+Fitch/bro"way, incidentally the guy was the same, he was a thin kid with this dumbass look to his face, his eyes wide open and a rat like smile. The girl's face was small with squinty small eyes. I think the way they conducted themselves in class made me see them in a terrible light. I will name these 2 people i hate Vicky and Dick.
As fate would have it I was assigned to a group containing both of these pathetic kids but also a large girl with the same personality and trendy-ness as them. Also the group had a nice girl who seemed "empty headed" but turned out she at least cared about the group and its future presentation. Well the first day in the group i was nice and suggested ideas but i could already tell it was going to be a bad situation. They were nice enough but the two jackass kids (Vicky+Dick) had that air of "this class is dumb/who cares" which i wouldn’t mind if i didn’t see it as a way for them to look cool in front of each other. Well next class, we were in our groups to do a work packet. At this point i sat stone faced as i heard these kids interact. The big girl talked about how she was so jealous of Vicky and her new car. Vicky of course told the story of her old "shit box" and how her mother decided she deserved a brand new car, oh and how she will sell her old Lemon of a car to some poor sap. Of course everyone had a good laugh about it except me who again sat stone faced. THen Dick said "i think were supposed to read this lol (im so cool with my disregard of this class) again the 3 of them laughed over his terrible commentary. Then as passionate people of economics answered and debated questions the 3 of them whispered about how these kids are lame and pathetic for caring about the class. Either way i hate these type of people. If they dont care about the class just sit there and sleep, doodle or dont come, DONT sit there and insult the professor and the rest of the class. Well i have plenty more to say about Dick and Vicky and im sure ill have new stuff each time i go to this class. I wasnt able to explain how much these kids piss me off but i will do my best in the future. The main thing I hate is that "I think im better then these kids" and thinking that makes me a shitty person but this is all for another post.


Well either way I like this ablity to just write about what ever I find dumb, annoying, fun, nice, lame ect but I feel like my next post will be clearer becuase I will not be at work. I hope I don’t give up on this, like I do with so many other things in my life but we'll see how this continues.

2 comments:

asiantom said...

Good first post me thinks.

I loled at the shit box reference because I realized that's why you started saying it.

Also, titles are hard to come by. Mine changed three times before I decided to change it to what it is now, which will probably not change ironically.

lane_is_lame said...

I laughed so hard at the "I'm going to call them Vicky and Dick" part. I'm not sure why. But I easily hate those kind of people too.