Monday, September 22, 2008

Politics plus reflections

I think this post is going to mainly focus around politics and the like. Ive realized that i hate election season, i hate the parties, and all the bickering between the parties. This started because earlier i saw a magazine spread open on the kitchen table. It was a Pet magazine and it discussed the pets each presidential hopeful had. The only thing i could think was that there are people out there that will vote for O'bama or McCain over their family pet choice. This was a disappointing realization and im not entirely sure its justified but i feel its in the same vain as women voting for McCain due to his women running mate. Either way i find the mud slinging terribly annoying and i find the division of ideas only forces this country in worse directions. I just wish both parties would work out their various problems then to simply attack the opposite sides views. Well im realizing i just don't have much to say about this topic, that is why i kinda hope that it is all a ploy. That this government, this election, these borders between countries are all simply the doing of the Illuminati and the World Bank. What a laugh that would be, that all these people passionate about the "issues" are all wasting their time. I think the only reason i find that funny is because then these people will be wasting their time just as much as i do. Or it could be that people who are "informed" with the issues have that sense of superiority like "i care about our nation and the direction its going in, i have concrete ideas and views on issues and this helps me feel important to society, plus they always seem to find your own apathy towards the whole situation rather ignorant". Well i feel i have rambled enough on this its only negative anyways and i really should try to care about the political spectrum (even if we are a blue state).

I kinda want to go in a good direction before i close up this post. It seems through life, i only find society letting me down and giving me 101 things to complain about. Yet i find that im an optimistic person, this maybe due to my tendency of not worrying too much about the future. Often times i have a "Truman Show" outlook or rather i think every problem has an at least half decent solution. I guess its the middle class white kid in me, or rather i 'think' of myself as a go with the flow type of person. Either way i can find my self on various occasions in my car feeling good cause an up beat song is on and my life, in the grand scheme of things, is pretty good. I have great friends, and girlfriend. My family is supportive and im very close with my bro-ha Natty. Even though i may not know what im doing after college, what i do know is that i have people around me that will support me and brighten my day as always. I realize that i do hate being alone just like back in the day when i dubbed my self a "friend-oholic". Even tonight as Natty and Ryan sleep in the same room as me i find my self wanting to call Jimmy up as to hangout during these wee hours of the morning. I guess i just like seeing people who i care about, sharing laughs,adventure and time with them. (as "un-manly as that seems) I guess, again, thats why im not so worried about the future, as long as it has my friends and family in it then i know it will be bright.

Well that may be too optimistic but the songs im listening too atm make me feel good :D

2 comments:

jimca said...

i just woke upcrap!
i'm voting for obama cause he has a pug. i wish. good post!

Anonymous said...

As you know I used to listen to talk radio and was involved with the political scheme myself. But ever sense I took that class co-taught by the Head of the Republican Pary of Massachusetts and the former manager of the Dean Campaign I've realized what these people are I've lost more intrest.

It's true that the two parties aren't even that seperate on a large share of important issues.. but those people you refer to are more devious then you would first think. Most of them aren't even in it for the "politics" of it anymore. They may tell themselfs they are but they're not.

Those people that thrive on the mudsligning and the dogs of the canadites as deciding issues get a mental errection from people making their decisions on those aspects of the campaign. And there reason is not only do they think you're ignorant for not knowing every issue and having a loudmouth opinion they also feel themself as superior beings because they believe they are manupilating lesser humans. These people thrive on the thought that they are not only superior but they show examples of it but getting people to vote on "hot topic issues" or who has the whiter teeth. They lack what I would describe as souls and it perminates outwards that the "common person" can sense it. Why they sit there counting how much money they talked out of people and how they manipulated votes they forgot a long time ago that they only get 30% of the population go to the polls, and out of that 30% who go there out of a sense of social obligation only 25% truely feel it's based on issues. So in the end they are failing the original mission of democracy.